Saturday, March 21, 2009

1st collection- Lambino Clan

Your note to JPLambino has reached us here in Toronto and has since been forwarded to both the EAST and WEST Coast to as far as New Zealand and London. I had adopted ADRIAN LAMBINO (JP's dad) as I am sure, he has also adopted me as a long lost cousin, in 1983. We have since been so well connected to Adrian's family including his in-laws and have watched JP growing up, moving away and eventually having his own family. I consider myself lucky, when Adrian found us. He typifies a "GOOD" cousin in my books (Adrian... brace yourself.. baka matapilok ka diyan ! ) and quick to laughter, as well.

Anyway, my name is AURORA and I am located in Toronto. My grands are from LUCAO, Dagupan. My father migrated to Baguio & married another migrant from Ilocos Sur. Bore & raised 4 children, making us the "Igorot Lambinos". All are now in North America, brother in NY, 2 sisters in LA and myself in Toronto. My LAKI and BAI had a big family of 9. I am sure we have a good representation from each of the 9 branches who are here in North America, most of whom are in the West Coast.

There was a time in our lives that we thought, our family was uniquely small, as we did not know anyone else with the same last name. My father mentioned a Dr. Lambino, who had treated me when I was only 3 years old & because he saved my life, I always remembered Dr Lambino from Magaldan. With a stroke of luck, eventually met Father Lambino (a Jesuit Priest from Ateneo), while I was attending UP Diliman. I later learned that he was the son of Dr Lambino of Magaldan.

Since the onset of the world wide web, I discovered that there are lots of Lambinos all over the world. Last year, I even found a baseball player in Tokyo, whose last name is Lambino, but he is as pure "white" as can be (no hint of the malay race !!!), My father during the last few years of his life (in remembering his childhood), had spun this story, that our great great grandfather (stories passed on from generation to generation) was an Italian sea farer and member of the ship's crew (yung mga tik tik kalawang diyan). Their ship got stranded along the shores of Lingayen or Bolinao (undeveloped during the time). Made his way to civilization and set his ROOTs in Pangasinan. This story was told to me by my father, when his mind had started to deteriorate. However, if these stories were true (let's just play along), there will come a time when a LAMBINO will settle back in Italy and making our great great grandfather happy that he has completed his voyage and has returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment